Services For Mothers
Especially when defending the safety and custody of their children, there are times mothers forfeit common necessities to cover required legal expenses. The Custody Project assists with care, custody, and visitation expenses, usually during overwhelming financial crises caused by such legal demands, in accordance with its mission.
If you are interested in applying for our grant and/or loan applications, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- TCP's grants provide financial assistance for visitation and custody expenses such as:
- Applications are accepted year round.
- You must be the parent of the child(ren).
- There must be a custody or visitation financial crisis. TCP's grants and loans are based upon this, and financial need. If your income is not enough to meet this crisis, TCP may be able to assist.
- When you receive the application, make a copy first, so that you will have a working draft. Answer all questions, write NA if a question does not apply, provide the information requested, and include a one-to two-page summary of your case. When ready, call - before writing final answers on the final application [850.682.3460]. When the final application is complete, enclose it with the supporting documentation and a self-addressed stamped envelope [SASE] with first class postage applied, and mail to:
The Custody Project
PO Box 20753
El Sobrante CA 94820-0753 USA
- Your request may be granted in whole or in part, depending upon several factors, including available funding. If there are no funds available, we cannot grant any portion of your request.
- If you need to, or to set an appointment, call between 10am-4 pm CST, Tuesday through Thursday. Leave a message @ 850.682.3460 with your day and night time telephone number(s), your message, time zone, state, and good times to reach you. The telephone will ring when a volunteer is unable to answer call waiting. Please retry during the hours listed above. It may take several days before you receive a volunteer's return call but if you have not received one within one to two weeks, call back. To preserve our grant monies, our outbound calls are brief, and we may ask that you call back direct to help defray expenses. This allows TCP to conserve its resources so that we can better meet financial requests for grants and loans.
We know your questions are important and your situation is usually very serious. But we do not have funds for paid staff. So, we ask for your understanding in answering your need during posted hours. Volunteers will respond as they can.
- For more information about how we can help, please visit our Support Links for contact information and website links to many useful organizations. Our Tips for Moms, Testimonials, Case Excerpts, Myths and Facts, Poem, Mission Statement, Programs, About Us and Annual Letter are helpful, too.
- TCP cannot send money to mothers in need unless others donate to us, so please share our work with others.
We are honored to be of assistance.
Best Wishes to You and Yours,
The Custody Project